The Rib Mountain Repeater Association
Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Directors
15 March 2010
WHRM-DT Tech Workshop, Rib Mountain
Board members present:
Rich Maier KC9NW
Dean Andrewjeski K9PT
Paul Nelles K9DB
Brian Seehafer N9ATQ
The meeting was called to order at 19:11 CDT by President Rich Maier KC9NW.
Secretary’s Report: K9DB
- Printed copies of the minutes of the meeting of February 18th 2010 were distributed. The minutes were accepted as presented.
Treasurer’s Report: N9ATQ
- RMRA Treasurer’s Report as of today:
This amount is the balance as reported at the February meeting, with the inclusion of the $4,000 Walter Alexander Foundation grant.
- N9ATQ reported that he has ordered the Brighton system antennas from Telwave Engineering. A Telwave ANT450D6-9 four bay folded dipole array for UHF, a Telwave ANT150D6-9 four bay folded dipole array for VHF, and a TS-1545H crossband coupler were ordered for $1,831.90 plus shipping estimated at $40 to $50.
- K9PT reported that he was in communication with several tower crews. All are estimating the job of installing antennas and feedline at two days instead of one for a three-man crew. The best offer so far is $4200.
- K9DB reported that he had received a response from Dean Hommel KB9WNZ from the Black River Amateur Radio Association agreeing to a one-year extension on the duplexer loan agreement. The signed agreement will be handeled by mail.
· The new repeater contoller has not yet been programmed and is only dependent on scheduling between K9PT and KC9NW.
Board Meeting Locations for June, July, August, and September.
- An alternate meeting site is needed for the months of June through September due to road construction on Rib Mountain. K9DB suggested the “Gander Lodge” at Gander Mountain which is available to non-profit clubs.
Alternate Callsign for Brighton System
- K9DB suggested that the RMRA repeaters should use different callsigns for repeaters at different physical locations. Therefore the Brighton repeater should use a different callsign than W9BCC. K9DB stated that Lew Sheerar K9JPS has consented to be the license trustee, and upon his passing would wish his callsign be assigned to the RMRA as a memorial call. No decision was made at this meeting.
ARES at Meeting:
- K9DB suggested that the Marathon County ARES leadership and the North East Wisconsin Regional EC be invited to the April RMRA Board meeting to get their input of what they desire from the RMRA. KC9NW said he will send a letter or e-mail to such effect.
Topics from the Floor:
Meeting adjourned 20:43 CST.
Paul Nelles K9DB