The Rib Mountain Repeater Association
Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Directors
21 September 2009
WHRM-DT Tech Workshop, Rib Mountain
Board members present:
Rich Maier KC9NW
Dean Andrewjeski K9PT
Paul Nelles K9DB
Brian Seehafer N9ATQ
Tony Hermanek K9QM
The meeting was called to order at 19:10 CDT by President Rich Maier KC9NW.
Secretary’s Report: K9DB
- Minutes of the meeting of 17 August were presented in print and accepted as presented by consensus.
Treasurer’s Report: N9ATQ
RMRA Treasurer’s Report as of today
This is unchanged from the August meeting.
New Repeater Controller:
- K9PT reported that the new Link Communications RLC-DSP404 controller has been returned from the manufacturer, has been burning-in by running on the workbench for the past week. All tests so far have been successful.
- He conducted a brief demonstration of the controller with a laptop computer running the monitoring program.
- K9DB reported that he has not yet contacted BRARA regarding the extension of the duplexer loan agreement. He will be contacting them in the next week.
144.81/145.41 Repeater at Brighton:
- K9PT reported that a tower crew is available before the end of the year so acquisition of an antenna is critical.
- K9DB reported that he attempted to use the autopatch to 911 about two weeks ago when he hit a deer. His audio could be heard by Marathon County Dispatch but he could not understand them.
- K9PT reported that a volume pot may have been responsible. Autopatch has been tested successfully, but not to 911.
- KC9NW announced the date and time for the annual meeting will be Saturday November 7th at 13:00. The location will be the Wausau Room of the Marathon County Public Library.
- K9PT asked for suggestions for the program for the annual meeting.
Topics from the Floor:
- N9ATQ led a free-form discussion on the long-term direction of the club.
Meeting adjourned 20:56 CDT.
Paul Nelles K9DB