The Rib Mountain Repeater Association
Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Directors
15 December 2008
WHRM-DT Tech Workshop, Rib Mountain
Board members present:
Rich Maier KC9NW
Dean Andrewjeski K9PT
Paul Nelles K9DB
Tony Hermanek K9QM
(Brian Seehafer N9ATQ was unavailable.)
The meeting was called to order at 19:18 CST by President Rich Maier KC9NW.
Secretary’s Report: K9DB
- (There was no board meetings held in October.)
- Minutes of the meeting of 20 October 2008 were read and accepted as read by consensus.
Treasurer’s Report: N9ATQ
- There was no report due to the absence of the treasurer.
Election of Officers:
- The following were selected as officers for the 2008-2009 fiscal year by consensus:
- President Rich Maier KC9NW
- Vice President Dean Andrewjeski K9PT
- Secretary Paul Nelles K9DB
- Treasurer Brian Seehafer N9ATQ
- Member-at-Large Tony Hermanek K9QM
144.81/145.41 Repeater at Brighton:
- K9PT reported that he has contacted several more tower crews in the past two months regarding the 144.81/145.41 MHz antenna installation at the Brighton. Cost is still the issue. No decision made pending funding.
PL on 146.82:
- In accordance with the Wisconsin Association of Repeaters has mandate, PL of 114.8 Hz has been installed on the 146.22 input as of November 10th.
- The PL on the six-meter repeater has been changed to 114.8 Hz as of last week. All RMRA machines now have input PLs of 114.8.
- The annual meeting program on D-STAR was well received. D-STAR has great application potential in emergency communications and weather spotting.
- K9PT said he was concerned about the lack of backup components for the 146.22/.82 system.
- The ACC controller issue is probably the most critical component.
Topics from the Floor:
- An open discussion was held on long range goals and projects.
Meeting adjourned 20:50 CST.
Paul Nelles K9DB