The Rib Mountain Repeater Association
Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Directors
21 April 2008
WHRM-DTV Tech Workshop, Rib Mountain
Board members present:
Rich Maier KC9NW
Brian Seehafer N9ATQ
Dean Andrewjeski K9PT
Paul Nelles K9DB
Guest: Dave Peters KC9LFG
The meeting was called to order at 19:38 CDT by President Rich Maier KC9NW.
Secretary’s Report: K9DB
Printed copies of the minutes of the meeting of 17 March 2008 were distributed and accepted by
consensus as printed.
Treasurer’s Report: N9ATQ
The treasury stands at $291.42.
Since the annual meeting no new bills have been received, and no monies disbursed.
$40 in dues have been received.
Accepted as presented by consensus.
Mailing to Members:
- KC9NW has prepared a draft letter for a mailing to the general membership. This will replace the mailing that was not made before the general membership meeting in November.
- K9PT repoted that Ivan Andrewjeski KB9RFB has incorporated PayPal into the website to facilitate dues payment. He said PayPal takes a fixed fee per transaction, about one dollar.
144.81/145.41 Repeater at Brighton:
- K9PT said he is researching options to get the repeater deployed at a temporary height.
- The control access to Echo-Link has been reconfigured.
- Due to people bringing up the link without identifying, the system has been reconfigured to only allow repeaters and users that have linked radios interfaced to bring up the link.
- Autopatch has been restored to the 146.82 system. Due to past experience, access to the autopatch will be closed system, i.e.: restricted to RMRA members.
Topics from the Floor:
Meeting adjourned 20:32 CDT.
Paul Nelles K9DB